In collaboration with Diver’s Alert Network (DAN), Diventures will facilitate an exclusive DAN continuing medical education (CME) travel opportunity for doctors from September 23-30, 2023 at Atlantis Dumaguete, Philippines. This opportunity will allow doctors and medical professionals to travel, engage and attend CME credit seminars with highly trained professionals from DAN and Center for Hyperbaric Medicine.
Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine Courses
DAN has hosted the DAN Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine course since 1983. The program focuses on diving and hyperbaric medicine with emphasis on the latest scientific literature in the field. The course also includes lectures, case presentations, support materials and both formal and informal discussion sessions with faculty.
Jointly sponsored by Divers Alert Network and Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society, the course is designed primarily for physicians. However, emergency medical personnel, paramedics, nurses and professionals, as well as instructors, divemasters and nonmedical, diving-related personnel with an interest in dive medicine may also find the course valuable.
It is anticipated that attendees completing this course will be able to discuss and clinically apply facts relevant to scheduled topics. Upon completion, course participants should also benefit from a broader understanding of current issues and increased familiarity with recent, relevant scientific literature in diving and hyperbaric medicine.
Learning will be reinforced by case reports from the DAN Medical Services Call Center Quality Assurance archives, examples from recent and ongoing diving research and from the personal experience of the faculty.
At the end of this course attendees should be able to discuss and clinically apply facts relevant to:
- Medical and physical fitness to dive
- Diving safety issues and current research
- Hyperbaric medicine: applications, protocols and mechanisms
- Decompression physiology and pathophysiology
- Diving injuries and their management
- Controversies in diving medicine
DAN “Powered by Diventures” September 2023 Details
The Philippines is an archipelago nation located in Southeast Asia, comprised of over 7,000 islands. It is known for its stunning natural beauty, rich cultural heritage and friendly people.
It is a world-renowned destination for scuba diving, offering a diverse range of dive sites with rich marine life, colorful coral reefs and unique underwater landscapes. The waters surrounding the Philippines are part of the Coral Triangle, which is considered the global center of marine biodiversity. Learn more about traveling and diving in the Philippines here.
We will be staying at Atlantis Dumaguete Resort, the epicenter of Dumaguete’s dive scene. The area around the resort has several established sanctuaries that are well preserved and home to a large variety of marine life.
- 7 nights deluxe room double occupancy at Atlantis Dumaguete Resort
- Upgrades to oceanfront or garden suite rooms available at 50% discount
- All meals at Toko’s restaurant at the resort
- Coffee, hot tea, iced tea and filtered water are complimentary throughout the day
- Scheduled guided boat diving (Sunday-Thursday 2 afternoon dives and Friday 2 morning dives) – excludes equipment rental, dawn dives and additional day trips
- Nitrox (12 tanks) valued at $108
- Unlimited internet access
- Round-trip domestic transfers from Manila to Dumaguete
What’s Not Included
- Customer airfare (Diventures will assist with booking for additional customer fee)
- Trip insurance (highly recommended)
- Gratuity (suggested $120/diver)
- Dive medical insurance (required for all divers)
- Marine park fee to be paid onsite (approx. $50/diver)
- Customs fees
- Land excursions
- COVID-19 testing fees
- Unforeseen damages, airline and travel expenses
- Course tuition of $800
- Diver Double Occupancy rate: $3,080 per person
- Diver Single Occupancy rate: $3,580 per person
- Non-diver Double Occupancy rate: $2,240 per person
- Non-diver Single Occupancy rate: $2,740 per person
Interested in joining DAN and Diventures? Learn more about the trip here.